Friends of the Skaneateles Library
The Friends of The Skaneateles Library
The Skaneateles Library has a Friends group that provides the Library with a network of volunteers to support its programming and fundraising activities. The Friends have regular meetings four times a year to stay informed of Library news and volunteer opportunities. Various committees meet as needed to support specific projects such as the Annual Summer Book Sale, One for the Books, and the Dickens' Christmas Holiday Book Sale. As a Friend, you can participate in any or all meetings, activities and events as your time and interest allow.
The purpose of the Friends is to maintain an association of individuals who are interested in books and libraries and focusing attention on The Skaneateles Library. The Friends provide the Library with a network of volunteers who:
· help organize and promote library activities and programs;
· assist and cooperate with the Library in identifying needs and developing library services and facilities; and
· help raise funds for the benefit of the Skaneateles Library Association.
The Friends of The Skaneateles Library meet quarterly with the Library Director and a Trustee representative to receive updates on Library news and volunteer opportunities and to provide feedback on Library services and programs. Quarterly meetings are held at the Library in January, April, July and October.
The Friends form committees as needed to carry out specific projects and fundraisers. Committees of the Friends meet as needed throughout the year. Committees include:
· Summer Book Sale (meets April – July);
· One for the Books (meets July – October); and
· Dickens' Holiday Book Sale (meets October-December).
How do I become a Friend?
To find out more about the Friends, or to get involved, contact Nickie Marquis (Library Director) at 685-5135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.